The benefits of digital videostroboscopy
- Posted on: Nov 15 2021
At Daneshrad Clinic in Torrance and Santa Monica, CA, patients can relax knowing they are working with a board-certified orolaryngologist who can provide precision diagnostics of common vocal cord issues. This is achieved thanks to advanced technology such as videostroboscopy.
What is videostroboscopy?
When a professional needs to evaluate the motion involved in the vocal cords with both singing and speech, a digital video is taken during videostroboscopy. These images, both stills and movement, allow for the doctor to evaluate the vocal cord for their vibration to look for abnormalities or changes. This is used to confirm the diagnosis of various vocal cord issues that may occur.
What are the benefits of videostroboscopy?
Dr. Payam Daneshrad of the Daneshrad Clinic is here to help Santa Monica, CA area patients get a definitive and proper diagnosis of their condition. With the use of videostroboscopy, imaging can be telling in regards to the problems at hand.
Below are the advantages of using this technology at a state-of-the-art ENT clinic:
- Videostroboscopy provides illumination of the larynx that provides detailed and accurate assessment of a patient’s vocal cord movement.
- Videostroboscopy gives clear images and better understanding of the vocal chords and folds, as well as their functioning. This makes it easier to develop an effective treatment plan and decide what changes need to be made to address the problem.
- Videostroboscopy allows for other abnormalities of the tissues or structure that might need evaluation.
- Videostroboscopy allows for digital storage of the imaging that can be used at a later date to compare with newer videostroboscopy sessions.
- Videostroboscopy gives our team clear images, both photo and video, that can be stored and sent off to other professionals in a patient’s healthcare team to share precision information.
Learn more about videostroboscopy
Dr. Payam Daneshrad and his team at Daneshrad Clinic work with patients to help them with conditions that impact the eyes, nose, and throat. If you are interested in finding out if videostroboscopy would be beneficial for getting a proper diagnosis of your condition, we welcome you to call the office at (310) 453-6500 to schedule a consultation appointment with our staff. We have two convenient office locations in Torrance and Santa Monica, CA and are available for new patients.
Posted in: Digital Videostroboscopy